Keerai is a simple wholesome recipe can be made with any kind of green leaves. I use Sri keerai form of spinach. It’s a simple South Indian side dish. It’s a very good combination with rice and dal. It’s not only simple yet, healthy and tasty recipe.
keerai has to be cooked on low flame with out covering lid.. Covering lid can change the colour of the leaf. Here we learn how to make simple and easy recipe in step by step method.
- Sri keerai 1 bunch
- Sliced onions 2
- Greenchillies 2
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Salt as needed
- Coconut 1/4cup (chopped and blend roughly)
- Discard the root of the plant separate the leaves and can be add soft and tender stem to it. Wash in a plenty of water drain them and keep aside.
- In a sauce pan add sliced onions saute till it turns to transparent.
- In a blender add chopped coconut and green chillies blend roughly keep aside.
- Add salt as needed stir well.
- Add coconut to the onions saute for few minutes.
- Add keerai /spinach cook on a low flame with out covering lid. NO need to add water.
- Cook the spinach for few minutes till it turns soft and tender.
- Sri keerai dish is ready to serve for lunch.
NOTE :Kerrai cooks on low flame left open with out lid will helps remain the natural green color. Covering lid or excess water in keerai will changes the color and texture.