Murg mussalam is a traditional mughlai recipe. Chicken flavor with roasted spices gives a delicious taste . this dish can be served as a dry. Marinate chicken with all the ground spices, almond paste with yogurt and bake in a oven serve with a flavor rice. Yet, I prefer for a gravy version to serve on parties.
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR MORE Gravy HERE ARE SOME
- Bone chicken 300gm
- Ghee 1tbsp
- Oil 1tbsp
- Onion sliced 1
- Thick yogurt 2tbsp
- Tomatoes 2
- Water if required
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Spices to roast
- Garlic cloves 4_5
- Almond 7
- Whole pepper 1tbsp
- Cumin 1tbsp
- Whole red chilli 1
- Cinnamon stick
- Cardamom 1
- Roast the above spices. Allow it to cool. Add coriander powder and the spices together in a blender grind to a ground powder.
- In a skillet heat oil and Ghee add onions saute till golden brown add Ginger garlic paste cook till the raw aroma goes away.
- Add chicken cook till the colour changes to pale.
- Add the spice powder to it cook on low flame till the oil leaves side of the skillet.
- When the chicken is half done add yogurt. Cook on a low flame.
- Now add tomato puree stir well. Add little water. Cover the lid cook for 10minutes.
- Check the consistency of the gravy. The gravy must be slightly thickened for the delicious taste.
- Serve hot with steam rice or the Ghee rice.