Murg mussalam is a traditional mughlai recipe. Chicken flavor with roasted spices gives a delicious taste . this dish can be served as a dry. Marinate chicken with all the ground spices, almond paste with yogurt and bake in a oven serve with a flavor rice. Yet, I prefer for a gravy version to serve on parties.
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR MORE Gravy HERE ARE SOME
- Lal Gosht mutton gravy
- Pepper mutton gravy
- Malai chicken gravy
- Mehti Ghost Gravy
- Paneer Tikka masala
- Bone chicken 300gm
- Ghee 1tbsp
- Oil 1tbsp
- Onion sliced 1
- Thick yogurt 2tbsp
- Tomatoes 2
- Water if required
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Spices to roast
- Garlic cloves 4_5
- Almond 7
- Whole pepper 1tbsp
- Cumin 1tbsp
- Whole red chilli 1
- Cinnamon stick
- Cardamom 1
- Roast the above spices. Allow it to cool. Add coriander powder and the spices together in a blender grind to a ground powder.
- In a skillet heat oil and Ghee add onions saute till golden brown add Ginger garlic paste cook till the raw aroma goes away.
- Add chicken cook till the colour changes to pale.
- Add the spice powder to it cook on low flame till the oil leaves side of the skillet.
- When the chicken is half done add yogurt. Cook on a low flame.
- Now add tomato puree stir well. Add little water. Cover the lid cook for 10minutes.
- Check the consistency of the gravy. The gravy must be slightly thickened for the delicious taste.
- Serve hot with steam rice or the Ghee rice.
What can we use beside Almonds?
Thanks for the recipe
You can use Cashew instead of almonds.
Thank you for your sweet comment