Potatoes have to be the ultimate dainty food. I have not come across someone who does not like potatoes. This potato poriyal is a south indian comfort food. This Potato Poriyal dish is the simplest but bursting with flavor. Potatoes are sauteed and roasted on a low flame for a long period of time so it roasts and caramelizes and transforms into an excellent side dish. .
Step by step method to prepare an easy potato dry side dish recipe.
Heat oil in a wide pan add mustard seeds, curry leaves when it crackle add sliced onions saute till the texture changes to transparent. Add red chilli powder, Cumin powder, salt and a pinch of Turmeric powder.
Add chopped potatoes stir well In a medium flame.
Cover the lid. Cook the potatoes on a low flame for 7 _10minutes. Stir in between if required.
Garnish the potatoes with some fresh coriander leaves.
- Potatoes 3 no.
- Onions 1
- Curry leaves 7_8
- Mustard seeds 1 tsp
- Salt as needed
- Redchilli powder 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder a pinch
- Oil 1 1/2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Heat oil in a pan add curry leaves, mustard seeds when it crackle add sliced onions saute till it changes transparent.
- Add Red chilli powder, Cumin powder Turmeric powder stir well. Add salt as needed.
- Add chopped potatoes mix well with the onions.
- Cover the lid let the potatoes cook on a steam set on a low flame.
- Cook for 7_ 10 minutes. Stir in between to avoid the burnt.
- Once the potatoes are cooked Garnish with a coriander leaves. Serve as a side dish.
- Simple and easy aloo sabji/ poriyal goes well with roti and steam rice.