Aloo paratha is an Indian stuffed bread popular among all generations of people. It’s a popular dish in Punjab. Punjabi aloo paratha can be easily prepared at home as this recipe uses ingredients that are found in every Indian kitchen.Its a loved lunch tiffin for my kids.
I Have shared my recipes in step by step method to prepare an easy and tasty recipe
In a bowl add boiled potatoes, chopped coriander leaves, chopped spring onions, salt, Cumin powder, red chilli powder, chat powder, garam masala powder.
Mash the potatoes mix all the spices together. Keep aside.
Knead the dough. Take a small portion of the dough flattened the dough. Stuff the potato mixture in it..Place the dough in a oil sheet. Roll the paratha with the help of the rolling pin.
Place the paratha gently in to the hot tawa.
Flip the paratha to cook on both the sides. Apply oil or Ghee.
Serve Aloo paratha with butter on top. Aloo paratha goes well with lemon chutney or yogurt.
- Potatoes 1/2 kg
- Spring onion 1/4 cup
- Coriander leaves
- Red chilli powder 1 tsp
- Salt as needed
- Cumin powder 1 tsp
- Chat powder 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder 1 tsp
FOR THE DOUGH:
- Wheat flour 2 cups
- Salt as needed
- Oil 1 tsp
- In a wide bowl add 2 cups of wheat flour, salt and Water Knead the dough. Finally add a tsp of oil Knead the firm dough. Keep aside for 15 minutes.
How to make Aloo paratha :
- In a bowl add boiled potatoes, salt, Cumin powder, red chilli powder, chat powder, garam masala powder, chopped spring onions, coriander leaves, chopped onions mix well.
- Take a small portion of the dough make a ball flatten the dough in a circle shape. Stuff the potato mixture in it.
- Place the dough in a oil sheet to avoid sticking. Apply oil or dust with wheat flour while rolling.
- Place them gently on hot tawa. Flip them on both sides apply oil or Ghee.
- Serve Aloo Paratha with butter on top. It goes well with lemon chutney or yogurt.