Zafrani Korma has its root in the mughlai cuisine. Classically, a Korma is defined as a dish where meat or vegetables braised with water, stock, yogurt or cream added. The technique cover many different styles of Korma. The flavor of Korma is based on a mixture of spices, combined with yogurt kept below curdling temperature and incorporate slowly and carefully with the meat juices.
Zafrani Badam Korma is a tasty and delicious for Lunch. Here is a step by step method to prepare an easy gravy.
In a pressure cooker heat oil add cinnamon and cardamom add Ginger garlic paste saute till raw aroma goes away
Wash and drain mutton. Add mutton to the Ginger garlic mixture add salt saute for few minutes.
In a small bowl pour warm milk add saffron strands keep a side till Saffron dissolves and turns a nice color.
Soak almonds in warm water peel the skin add to the blender, add Cumin powder, red chili powder, Turmeric powder, green chilies, and yogurt blend to a smooth paste.
Add almond and yogurt paste to the mutton. Stir well. Cook on a low flame
In a sperate kadai heat plenty of oil to fry onions till golden brown. Add half of the fried onions to the gravy and pressure cook for 15-20minutes.
As pressure drops check the consistency of the gravy not be runny. Add saffron and coriander leaves to the gravy. Cook on a low flame for 5 mins.
Add saffron and coriander leaves to the Korma cook for 5 minutes. Turn off the flame. Garnish with the fried onions.
Tasty zafrani badam Korma is ready to serve with ghee rice or paratha of your choice.
- Sliced onions 2
- Ginger garlic paste 2 tsp
- Cinamon 1
- Cardamom 2.
- Oil 2 tablespoon (for gravy)
- Mutton 500gm
- Salt as needed
- Thick yogurt 1/2cup.
- Red chili powder 1 tsp.
- Turmeric powder 1/2tsp.
- Cumin powder 1 tsp.
- Almond (soak Almond in warm water and peel off)
- Saffron 10 strands approximate.
- Coriander leaves for garnishing.
- In a pressure cooker heat oil add Ginger garlic paste cardamom and cinnamon saute Ginger garlic paste till the raw aroma goes away.
- Add mutton stir well. Cook on a low flame till the mutton changes color. Add salt to it.
- In a small bowl pour warm milk add saffron strands keep a side till Saffron dissolves and turns a nice color.
- In a blender add almond, Cumin powder, red chilli powder, Turmeric powder, green chillies, and yogurt make a smooth Fine paste. Add to the mutton stir well. Saute for few minutes.
- Pour water if required add half of the fried onions to the Korma pressure cook for 15-20minutes.
- As pressure drops remove the lid check the consistency of the gravy if it’s too runny cook on a medium flame till the gravy gets thickened.
- Add saffron and coriander leaves to the Korma cook for 5 minutes. Turn off the flame. Garnish with the fried onions.
- Tasty zafrani badam Korma is ready to serve with ghee rice or paratha of your choice.