Semiya upma is a south indian comfort food. It’s a simple dish that can be make quickly in breakfast and easy to prepare.It’s simple, because we love its texture and thus making frequently. Not to mention, its unique texture urge us to make it often in my home.
I have shared my recipes in detail photos and step by step method to prepare an easy and quick recipe.
In a kadai heat oil add mustard seeds and curry leaves.
When it splutter add sliced onions and green chilli saute till it changes transparent.
Add bell peppers and carrots. Stir well.
In another pan keep water to boil. Once the water starts boiling add vermicelli and salt stir once. Cook the vermicelli in a medium flame.
Once the vermicelli is cooked. Place the vermicelli in a colander. Leave it to drain the excess water.
Add the vermicelli to the bell pepper mixture. Stir occasionally. Cover the lid. Simmer for 5 minutes to absorb the excess water in it.
Serve semiya upma with a cup of tea.
- Vermicelli 1/2 kg
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds 1 tsp
- Curry leaves 8_10
- Bell peppers 1 cup
- Carrot 1 no.
- Salt as needed
- Onions 1
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
TIPS TO MAKE VERMICELLI :
- Boil 5-6 cups of water in a vessel. Once the water starts boiling add roasted vermicelli and salt to it.
- Cook the vermicelli in a medium flame.
- Add a teaspoon of oil to the water. To avoid sticking.
- Place the vermicelli in a colander. Leave it for few minutes to drain the excess water.
- How to make semiya upma:
- Heat oil in a kadai ,add mustard seeds and curry leaves when it crackle add onion and green chilli saute till the onion color changes transparent.
- Add bell pepper and Carrot saute for few minutes until it changes soft and tender. Add Turmeric powder stir well.
- Add the vermicelli to it stir occasionally cover the lid for 5 minutes.
- Serve semiya upma wit a cup of tea.
- Add vegetables of your choice to make your upma more nutritious.
- additionally, cook the semiya till they are just soft. overcooking vermicelli turns them mushy.
- finally, semiya upma recipe taste great when prepared spicy.
Easy tasty lunch box recipe Thanks
Thanks a ton. 🙂