Spanish rice, is a Mexican side dish made from white rice, tomatoes, garlic, onions, and other ingredients. It is traditionally made by sautéing the rice in a skillet until it is golden brown. But I have added all the flavors in the chicken and kept the rice as simple. The flavor of rice comes with the two different chicken. Spanish rice is a ultimate comfort food. My kids love it.
I have shared my recipes in step by step method to prepare a delicious Spanish rice recipe in Indian style.
In a bowl add Ginger garlic paste, salt, red chilli powder, Cumin powder, yogurt, red color ,Boneless chicken and a little oil. Cook the chicken and leave it to cool.
All the above instructions are cook separately. Assemble the rice and chicken in a serving bowl. Garnish with coriander leaves and raisins. Goes well with butter chicken.
recipe card for Spanish rice recipe :
- Boneless chicken 1/2 kg
- Basmati rice/ long grain rice / brown rice 1/2 kg
- Redchilli powder 1 tsp
- Salt as needed
- Cumin powder 1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp
- Yogurt 1 tsp
- Olive oil 2 tbsp
- Ghee 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves
- Mint leaves
- Greenchillies 1
- Red color a pinch
FOR RED CHICKEN :
- IN a sauce pan add Ginger garlic paste, salt, red chilli powder, Cumin powder, yogurt and red color, Add Boneless chicken cook the chicken and leave it to cool.
- Shred the chicken and keep aside.
FOR GREEN CHICKEN :
- IN A blender add green chilli, coriander leaves, salt and yogurt blend it a ground paste add it to the chicken cook until chicken turns tender. Leave it to cool.
- Shred the chicken. Keep aside.
- Roast the raisins in a little Ghee. Keep aside.
- Rinse rice with a plenty of water till the water gets clear. Soak the roasted rice for 30 minutes. I have used long grain rice. Instead of long grain rice you can also use brown rice roasted in a skillet.
- In a deep bottom pan boil water add salt and rice. Cook the rice till 75% done. Strain the rice. Add a pinch of Turmeric powder dissolved in a spoon of milk add it to the rice for a flavor. Let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Assemble all the above rice and chicken in a three different layer. Garnish the Spanish rice with coriander leaves and raisins.