Peas curry is often cook in our home. Minced mutton and green peas cooked with aromatic spices in to a delicious North Indian curry. Keema Matar recipe is a real stunner. Peas cooked with fenugreek leaves makes this recipe a real steal when served with parathas, they are good with rice too.
Step by step method to prepare an easy and quick recipe of peas curry
Heat oil in a pressure cooker add onions saute till it changes transparent.
Add Ginger garlic paste saute till raw aroma goes away.
Add mince, Redchilli powder,salt coriander powder and Turmeric powder. Stir well. Then add fenugreek leaves ( methi leaves)and chopped tomatoes .Saute till the raw aroma goes away.
Pour a cup of water and pressure cook for 3_4whistle. Till mince changes soft and tender.
Add peas to the curry. Pressure cook in two whistles. When pressure released. Check the consistency of the gravy. Let it simmer. Till the excess water absorbs. The peas curry must be semi dry.
- Onion 1
- Tomato 1
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp
- Salt as needed
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Kasuri methi or fresh fenugreek leaves 1/4 cup
- Mince meat / Keema 100 gm
- Redchilli powder 1 tsp
- Coriander powder 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
- Peas 1 cup
- INSTRUCTIONS :
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker add onion saute till onion becomes soft and tender.
- Add Ginger garlic paste saute till raw aroma goes away.
- Add Redchilli powder, Turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt, chopped tomatoes, mince meat, and fenugreek leaves saute till the raw aroma goes away.
- Pour a cup of water and pressure cook for 3_4whistle.
- When pressure released add a cup of peas pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Check the consistency of the curry as the excess water absorbs.
- Serve Keema Matar with the roti or rice.