- Spinach 1 bunch
- Onion 1
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Salt as needed
- FOR DAL:
- Toor dal or split pigeons pea 1/2cup
- Tomato 1
- Garlic cloves 3
- Redchilli powder
- Cumin seeds 1/2tsp
- Water 1cup
HOW TO MAKE DAL PALAK :
- Wash palak in large pot of water. Pluck palak leaf check for infestation etc. Drop in the plenty of water. Leave for 15minutes to remove dirt and mud from spinach.
- Wash and rinse the spinach drain to remove excess water. Chopped the Palak as per desire.
- In a wide pan heat oil add onions saute till it changes transparent. Add salt anchopped spinach cook on a low flame. Always cook any kind of spinach in open pan not covering the lid. Covering the lid will change the texture and color of greens.
- Wash and rinse toor dal.
- In a pressure cooker add toor dal, chopped tomatoes, garlic cloves, red chilli powder, Cumin seeds, and a cup of water.
- Pressure cook for 3_4whistles. As pressure drops mash dal with the wired whisk or spoon keep aside.
- Add mash dal to the spinach cook on a low flame for few minutes till the dal and palak assemble each other.
- Dal palak goes well with roti or rice.
NOTE : Cook any kind of a spinach in a open pan on a low flame . Covering the lid will change the texture and color of the greens.