cabbage is a amazing leafy vegetable of Brassica family and is round or oval in shape. It is widely used throughout the world and can be prepared in a number of ways, but most commonly, it is included as either a cooked or raw part of many salads.
Cabbage Sabzi is a quick and instant recipe that goes well with the rice, parathas or roti.
Step by step method to prepare an easy and tasty recipe.
Heat oil add curry leaves when it crackle add onion saute till onion becomes soft and tender.
Soak Bengal gram dal and cook till half cook in a separate utensil.
Once onion turns slightly brown add chopped tomatoes, red chilli powder, Cumin powder, salt and a pinch of Turmeric powder.
Drain the Bengal gram dal add to the onion mixture stir well.
Add blanched cabbage to it. Stir well. Cover the lid. Let it simmer. Cook on a steam. Check in between to avoid burnt. Sprinkle with a little water If required.
Serve as a side dish with rice or roti.
- cabbage 250gm
- Onion 1
- Tomato a small size 1
- Salt as needed
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves 6_7
- Redchilli powder 1 tsp
- Cumin powder 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder a pinch
- Bengal gram dal 1/4 cup
- Coriander leaves for granish
- Heat oil in a pan add curry leaves when it crackle add onion saute till onion becomes soft and tender.
- Add chopped tomatoes, red chilli powder, Cumin powder, salt, a pinch of Turmeric powder cook until the raw aroma goes away.
- Add Bengal gram dal saute for few minutes.
- Add cabbage. Let it simmer. Cook on a steam. Check in between to avoid burnt.
- Saute till the cabbage turns soft and tender.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve with rice or roti.