Paneer tikka( cottage cheese) is an Indian dish made from chunks of paneer marinated in spices and grilled in a tandoor. Or stove or oven. It is a vegetarian alternative to chicken tikka and other meat dishes. It is a popular dish that is widely available in India. Learn to make restaurant style paneer tikka dry recipe on top of the stove( gas stove).
I have shared my easy and quick step by step method to prepare a delicious paneer tikka dry recipe.
Cut the paneer in to rectangles or cubes. In a bowl add salt, all purpose flour, red chilli powder, a pinch of Turmeric powder, green chillies, and thick yogurt whisk yogurt with all the spices.
Add olive oil and Cumin powder to the yogurt mixture.
Whisk the yogurt with all the spices. Add paneer cubes, diced onions and tomatoes. Marinate for 30 minutes.
I had soak the skewers for at least 2 hours before grill to prevent from breaking. Pick the paneer, onions and tomatoes.
Place the grill pan on top of the stove. Place the paneer skewer on top. Flip the paneer to cook on both the sides.
Serve the paneer tikka with a mint chutney and lemon wedges. It’s a awesome starter for the vegans.
- Paneer cut in to cubes or rectangles 100 gm.
- Dice the onion remove the layers one by one 1 no.
- Cut the tomatoes in to dice each remove seeds from it 1 no.
- Salt as needed
- Olive oil 1 tbsp
- Red chilli powder 1 tsp
- A pinch of Turmeric powder
- Cumin powder 1 tsp
- Maida ( all purpose flour) 1 tbsp
- Thick yogurt 2 tbsp
- Cut the paneer in to rectangles or cubes. Keep aside.
- Cut the tomatoes and onions in to dice. Remove seeds from the tomatoes.
- In a bowl add salt, red chilli powder, Cumin powder, all purpose flour, green chillies, thick yogurt, a pinch of Turmeric powder.
- Whisk the yogurt with all the spices.
- Add paneer, onions, tomatoes Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Soak the skewers in plenty of water to prevent breaking.
- Prick the paneer, onions and tomatoes.
- Place the grill pan on top of the stove. Place paneer skewers on top flip in between to get a smoky flavor and paneer cook on both the sides.
- Serve paneer tikka dry with a mint chutney and lemon wedges.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE