Fish biryani recipe – Fish Biryani is one of the popular Best Biryani made with Spices and very Flavorful. I have used King Fish. One of the tastiest fish which turned out very well, Any fish can be used make sure it is sliced enough to add spices.
(240 ml cup used)
Biriyani gravy ingredients
- 1/2 kg fish
- 4 to 5 tbsp of oil
- ¾ cup onions thinly sliced and layers separated
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 star anise
- 3 green cardamoms / elaichi
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 4 to 6 cloves
- 1 ½ tsp of ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- ¾ cup yogurt
- Handful of mint/pudina, coriander leaves
- Spring onion for garnish
- 3 Tomatoes
- Salt as needed for biryani rice
- 1 ½ cups basmathi rice
- Salt as needed
You may also Like
How to make Fish biryani recipe
- Soak rice for at least 20 minutes and cook till al dente. Do not make the rice mushy but it must be cook carefully.
- Mix together all the marination ingredients except fish. Taste the marinade to check the spice and salt. Marinate the fish and set aside till the rice gets cooked.
- Fry the fish in little oil on both the sides till the fish gets cooked and the masala turns golden Set this aside along with any stock or oil.
- Add more oil to the pan and fry onions till lightly golden, set aside a few for garnish to the same pan, add spices and fry them.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry until the raw smell goes off. Add tomatoes , cook until it turns soft. Add red chili powder and fry quickly.
- Pour yogurt stir. Cook till the mixture thickens. Set this aside.
- Add half of the rice to the biryani pot or handi, layer the gravy, add some chopped mint and coriander leaves. layer the fried fish along with oily stock if any.
- Layer the rice again and then sprinkle coriander leaves, mint leaves and fried onions
- Seal it with a foil and put it on a hot tawa. Cook on high flame for 2 minutes and very low flame for 10 minutes. Garnish with spring onions
- Allow fish biryani to rest for about 15 minutes before serving.