Mutton Ghee Roast is a delicious recipe served in Mangalore Cuisine.This recipe is a tangy and spicy flavours and it taste delicious.
I have shared a delicious mutton Ghee Roast recipe in a step by step method below with a detailed pictures.
In a bowl add turmeric powder, salt and ginger garlic paste.
Wash the mutton add them to the bowl and marinate it for 15_20 minutes.
In a pressure cooker heat ghee add the mutton stir continually for 5_7 minutes pour required water pressure cook for 4_5 whistles until the mutton gets tender.
In a pan add all the spices roast them and allow it to cool.
In a blender add all the spices.
In another wok heat ghee.
Blend the spices to a fine puree by adding water to it.
Add the spices to the wok stir well. Cook for few minutes till the ghee leaves sides of the wok or pan.
Add the cooked mutton to it. Cook on a medium or high flame until the excess water absorbs.
Place the mutton in a grill pan Grease with ghee or oil cook for 3_4 minutes.
Serve ghee roast with plain steam rice and dal.
- 1/2 kg mutton
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 lemon
FOR GROUND MASALA
- 2 cardamom
- 2 cinnamon stick
- 7_8 cloves
- 1 tsp whole cumin
- 1 tsp whole pepper
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 2_3 whole red chillies
- In a bowl add turmeric powder,salt and ginger garlic paste add the mutton pieces marinate for 15_20 minutes.
- In a pressure cooker heat ghee add the marinated mutton stir well. Roast the mutton for 5_7 minutes.
- Pour required water, pressure cook the mutton for 4_5 whistles.
- In a pan roast all the spices and allow it to cool.
- Blend in a mixer grind all the spices to a fine puree.
- In another pan heat oil add the roasted ground masala puree stir continually, cook until the ghee leaves side of the pan.
- Add the cooked mutton cook on a medium flame or until the excess water evaporates.
- In a grill pan place the mutton pieces grease with a drops of oil. Roast the mutton for 3_4 minutes flip them in between.
- Squeeze lemon on top of the mutton before serving.
- Ghee roast mutton goes well with the plain rice and dal.
- Ghee roast mutton is basically a bit spicy in taste. I have lessen red chillies for medium spice in the recipe. You can add extra whole red chillies while roasting for extra spice.
- You can completely avoid the last step of roasting mutmon pieces in a grill pan.
- Roast the mutton with the spices until thick gravy combines with the mutton. Cook on a low flame till the mutton turns crisp and dry.