Rava Idli is one of the simple recipes which combines rava and yogurt soak for few minutes and the batter is ready. No over night fermentation required.Its not just healthy and irresistible but also very easy to Prepare.However, nothing can beat the taste of authentic preservative free soft and fluffy homemade Idli.
I have shared a simple and instant recipe of Rava Idli below with detailed pictures.
Measure 1 cup of rava add in a bowl.
Add yougurt mix well. Soak for 20_ 30 minutes.
In a pan heat oil add mustard seeds,curry leaves and moong dal / lentils fry till the moong dal become golden.
Add the whole mixture to the rava along add 1/2 cup of water and salt.
Add baking soda and make a batter which is neither thick nor thin in consistency. Keep aside covered for 20_30 minutes.
Pour the rava Idli batter in Grease Idli moulds.
Steam the rava Idli in a steamer,pressure cooker or in a normal wide pan.Fill 1/4 of water in a pan keep the Idli moulds inside.Cover the lid. Steam for 12_ 15 minutes on a high flame.
Remove the rava Idli from the mould and serve the rava Idli with your favourite chutney or sambhar.
- 1 cup Idli rava
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 2 tbsp moong dal/ yellow lentils/ mung beans
- 2 strands curry leaves
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- Salt as needed
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- In a bowl add rava and yogurt soak for 20_ 30 minutes.
- In a pan heat oil add mustard seeds when it begins to splutter add curry leaves, moong dal/ yellow lentils fry until it turns golden brown.
- Add the whole mixture to the rava along add 1/2 cup of water and salt.
- Check the consistency not too thick nor thin. The batter must be in a medium consistency.
- Now add baking soda mix well.
- Pour the batter in a Grease Idli moulds.
- Steam the rava Idli in a steamer or pressure cooker for 12 _ 15 minutes.
- Remove the rava Idli from the moulds serve hot with your favourite chutney and sambhar.