Ginger tea has incredible health benefits. Winter is the time to cherish this traditional and timeless recipe. It is warm and soothing contains nutrients that provide detoxifying and immune boosting recipe. It aids in digestion and increasing absorption of food, improves blood circulation. Ginger tea is bit spicy and it tastes stronger so go easy on it. But the health benefits is not easy to ignore with.
Ginger tea can help calm motion sickness symptoms like dizziness, vomiting, and cold.
I have shared a healthy ginger tea recipe in step by step method with a detailed pictures below.
In a sauce pan bring water to boil add chopped ginger boiled for 5 minutes.
Squeeze lemon juice.
Add cinnamon stick.let the water boil in a medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
Strain out ginger, cinnamon stick and discard or reserve for another use. Serve hot mix with honey.
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- In a sauce pan bring water to boil add chopped ginger boiled for 5 minutes.
- Squeeze lemon juice.
- Add cinnamon stick.let the water boil in a medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Strain out ginger, cinnamon stick and discard or reserve for another use. Serve hot mix with honey.
- Ginger is a popular home remedy treats for sore throats and cold.
- Lower blood sugar levels
- prevent heart attacks
- prevent blood clots
- relieve heart burn
- lower cholesterol
- improve blood circulation
- If you are on a weight loss diet then you must supplement ginger tea along with other healthy fluids. Best to consume ginger tea is early morning.
- Ginger related side effects are bloating, heart burn, gas and nausea. Ginger helps in blood thinning effect. If you consume in a large amount.