Upma is a traditional South Indian breakfast dish made of rava or semolina. Upma is simple and easy to make. It is not only delicious but also healthy breakfast too.
In a wide utensil heat oil add mustard seeds, Urad dal and curry leaves when it crackle add onion saute till onion becomes soft and tender.
- Semolina /Rava 1 cup
- Water 2 cup
- Curry leaves 7 nos
- Green chili 1
- Onion medium size 4
- Urad dal 1tsp
- Mustard seed 1tsp
- Ghee 1tsp
- Oil 1 1/2tbsp
- In a wide utensil heat oil add mustard seeds, Urad dal and curry leaves when it crackle add chopped onion saute till onion becomes soft and tender.
- Add chopped green chili, salt and sugar pour 2 cups of water bring it to boil.
- Once the water starts boiling add a cup of Rava to it stir well till it combines together with out forming lumps.
- Lower the flame. Cover the lid and cook for 5-7minutes till the steam come out of it.
- Once the semolina is cooked to a soft mushy consistency it is ready to serve.
- Add ghee and chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot with any chutney of your choice.
Amazing. Made at home very very Tasty
Thanks everyone.. Do try at home it’s simple and tasty.