Upma is a traditional South Indian breakfast dish made of rava or semolina. Upma is simple and easy to make. It is not only delicious but also healthy breakfast too.
In a wide utensil heat oil add mustard seeds, Urad dal and curry leaves when it crackle add onion saute till onion becomes soft and tender.
- Semolina /Rava 1 cup
- Water 2 cup
- Curry leaves 7 nos
- Green chili 1
- Onion medium size 4
- Urad dal 1tsp
- Mustard seed 1tsp
- Ghee 1tsp
- Oil 1 1/2tbsp
- In a wide utensil heat oil add mustard seeds, Urad dal and curry leaves when it crackle add chopped onion saute till onion becomes soft and tender.
- Add chopped green chili, salt and sugar pour 2 cups of water bring it to boil.
- Once the water starts boiling add a cup of Rava to it stir well till it combines together with out forming lumps.
- Lower the flame. Cover the lid and cook for 5-7minutes till the steam come out of it.
- Once the semolina is cooked to a soft mushy consistency it is ready to serve.
- Add ghee and chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot with any chutney of your choice.