Peanut Chikki is one of the famous traditional Indian sweet recipe prepared with brown or sticky jaggery and roasted peanuts.Peanut Chikki is an easy recipe with just two main Ingredients but, the jaggery has to be cooked till two strings that’s the crucial step has to be done rightly.This is my first attempt of making chikki learned from my grandmother in school days. But never learned the trick of two strings.
I have shared easy peanut Chikki recipe below with detailed pictures.
In a deep bottom kadai or pan dry roast the peanuts on a low flame.
Keep stirring continuously,so that peanuts gets roasted uniformly and do not burn.
Once the peanuts starts to seperate the skin,turn off the flame and cool completely.
Peel off the skin. Keep aside.
Measure the peanuts and jaggery in equal portions.
In a pan add jaggery pour 1/4 cup of water stir till the jaggery melts keeping in a low flame.
Boil the jaggery till it turns glossy and thickens.Check the consistency by dropping syrup in to a bowl of water, it should form a ball as shown below.
Turn off the flame add roasted peanuts stir well. Jaggery syrup coats well with peanuts.
Grease a plate with a teaspoon of ghee.Pour the peanuts to the plate. Spread and allow it to cool.
When it is still warm Cut in to pieces. Serve peanut Chikki once it’s cooled.
- 1 Cup roasted peanuts
- 1 cup jaggery
- 1 tsp ghee
- 1/4 cup water
- In a deep bottom pan Dry roast the peanuts with a continuous stir on a low flame to roast uniformly and do not burn.
- Once the peanuts starts to seperate it’s skin, turn off the flame and allow to cool.
- Rub the peanuts between your palms, the husks peels off easily.
- In a pan add the jaggery blocks and water If there are impurities , then you will need to strain the jaggery syrup.
- Boil the jaggery till it turns glossy and check the consistency by dropping the jaggery syrup in a bowl of water if it turns in to a ball then it’s done.
- Turn off the flame add roasted peanuts stir well.
- Grease a teaspoon of ghee in a plate. Pour the peanuts and spread and allow to cool.
- When it’s still warm Cut in to pieces. Serve peanuts chikki once it’s cooled.