Methi paratha is a quick and healthy breakfast or a side accompaniment to any curry or Sabzi. These fenugreek leaves are healthy alternatives to plain paratha and packed with more flavor and nutrition.
If I have no time to leave the dough for soaking then I use few tbsp of curd to cut down the soaking time. Adding curd also takes the bitter taste of leaves.
Step by step method to prepare an easy and quick paratha recipe.
In a wide bowl add whole wheat flour, all purpose flour (Maida) salt and a little oil.
Add chopped garlic, chopped fenugreek
Add a tbsp of curd to make soft parathas
Pour water to Knead the firm dough. Leave it for 15 minutes.
Divide the dough into small portions as shown in the picture.
Roll the paratha as per your choice. Kids like triangle shapes. I have roll it in circle shape.
Place the paratha In a hot tawa or griddle.
Flip the paratha on both the sides grease with oil or Ghee.
Serve parathas simply with butter, pickle, or curries.
- Whole wheat flour 2 cups
- Maida 1/2 cup
- Ghee or oil for greasing
- Oil 2 tbsp ( to Knead the dough)
- Curd 1 tbsp
- Fenugreek leaves 1 cup
- Garlic cloves 4_5
- Salt as needed
- In a wide utensil add whole wheat flour, Maida, salt, oil, fresh fenugreek leaves, and curd. Pour water to make a firm dough.leave it to rest for 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough in to small portions.
- Roll the dough. Place it in a hot griddle.
- Flip the paratha grease with the oil or Ghee.
- Serve the parathas with butter, pickle or curries.