Aloo gobi methi has a lot of flavor and bitterness of methi( fenugreek) leaves combine with the earthly flavor and taste of potatoes. It is less spiced and dry vegetables Sabzi. I had use butter for a nice flavor and taste. You can choose any good vegetable oil to make aloo methi.
Aloo Methi is an everyday recipe… easy, tasty and awesome. Yet, every time you taste it, it feels exotic, with the softness of potatoes and the pleasing bitterness of methi.
I have shared my recipes in step by step method to prepare an easy and quick delicious recipe.
Heat up the butter in a sauce pan.
Add Ginger garlic paste saute till raw aroma goes away.
Add cube potatoes and Cauliflower to it. Saute till the potatoes and Cauliflower turn slightly crisp. Add chopped green chillies a delicious salt.
Add fenugreek leaves and Turmeric powder saute till the raw aroma goes away.
Cover the lid and cook until the potatoes turn soft and tender. Stir the aloo gobi in intervals. Sprinkle with water if the potatoes are hard. Let it simmer till the potatoes are done.
Serve Aloo gobi methi with Indian bread roti or paratha.
- Potatoes 2 no.
- Salt as needed
- Butter 1 tbsp
- Fenugreek leaves 1 cup
- Turmeric powder 1 tsp
- Greenchillies 1
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp
- Place the fenugreek leaves in a deep bowl, sprinkle a little salt over it, toss well keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Squeeze out all the water from the fenugreek leaves a day keep aside. Discard the squeezed water.
- Heat butter in a sauce pan add Ginger garlic paste saute till raw aroma goes away.
- Cut the potatoes in cube keep aside.
- Cut the Cauliflower soak in a lukewarm water for few minutes.
- Add potatoes and Cauliflower to a pan saute till it turns slightly crisp.
- Add chopped green chillies and salt
- Add plenty of fenugreek leaves saute to the raw aroma goes away.
- Cover the lid and cook the potatoes. Stir in intervals. Sprinkle with water if potatoes are hard. Let it simmer for few minutes until the potatoes are done.
- Serve a simple and delicious aloo gobi methi with Indian bread, roti and paratha.