This recipe post i have mentioned two ways of preparing the potato wedges i.e deep frying and baked in oven. baking in oven is more a healthier option but deep fried are more tastier and crisp. i would recommend to use the baking option only if you have any health concerns, otherwise deep frying is the way to go for wedges. personally i do not like wedges or to be precisely any potato based snack upsets my stomach. but this snack is my daughter’s favourite snack and i have to prepare it.
Potato Wedges are certainly a wonderful appetizer and makes a refreshing change from French Fries.
This crusty and delicious restaurant style Potato Wedges recipe is easy to prepare at home. I made these last week and they were excellent ! They had lots of spicy flavor ! My kids loved them and they made a tasty crunchy side dish, along with our favorite burgers.
Step by step method to prepare an easy and quick recipe of potato wedges.
- Potatoes 250 gm
- Salt as needed
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Kasuri methi 1/2 tsp ( you can also use thyme, oregano or basil leaves any herbs of your choice)
- Redchili powder 1 tsp
- Pepper powder 1 tsp
- Corn flour 2 tbsp
- Wash and peel the potatoes cut in the length wise, shape as a half moon.
- Boil the water add potatoes boil for 3 minutes.
- Strain the water completely. Allow it to cool.
- In a bowl add potatoes and a spoon of oil mix well.
- Add corn flour, red chili powder, pepper powder, salt, crushed Kasuri methi toss well.
- Preheat the oven in 180°.
- Place the potatoes in baking tray and bake for 10_ 15 minutes.
- Coat the potato wedges with cornflour and other spices. Toss well.
- In a kadai heat oil, deep fry the wedges till it turns crisp.
- Potato wedges are crisp outside and soft inside.
- Potato wedges are ready to serve with mayonnaise.