Murmura ladoo recipe _ pori Urundai recipe is a crunchy, crisp, light, delicious, easy ladoo recipe which gets ready in minutes. These are made from puffed rice and are also called murmura ladoo, puri unde recipe.
Murmura ladoo recipe is simple, but the consistency of the jaggery syrup while preparing the ladoo’s is important. It should be of a soft ball consistency. If it becomes harder, making ladoo’s will be difficult. If it’s thinner, the ladoo will be come apart easily with a stringy syrup attached. Keep them in a room temperature. Store in a air tight container.
I have shared my grandma recipes in a detailed pictures and step by step method to prepare an easy and quick recipe.
Take a grated jaggery in a heavy bottom pan
Add a little water to the jaggery heat the jaggery till it melts. Add a tbsp of milk to it that can purify the extract.
Strain the jaggery syrup.
Add the syrup to the same pan. Boil the jaggery on a medium flame till it thickened. Check the consistency by dropping the syrup in a bowl of water.
The syrup has to roll like a ball as shown in the picture. Then it’s done. Turn off the stove.
Add a measured puff rice to the syrup. Stir well. Apply oil or Ghee in both the hands roll it in the shape of a ladoo.
Leave it to cool. Store in a air tight container.
- Puffed rice 4 cups
- Jaggery 1/2 cup
- Milk 1 tbsp
- Measure puff rice keep them ready.
- Heat jaggery in a heavy bottom pan with a little water. Once it melts add a tbsp of milk to purify the syrup.
- Strain the syrup.
- Pour the syrup again to the same pan boil them on a medium flame.
- Stir continuously till the syrup thickened.
- Check the consistency of the syrup by dropping in a little water.
- If you are able to roll it like a ball then it’s done. Turn off the flame.
- Add the puffed rice to it. Stir well.
- Apply oil or Ghee on both the hands shape them in a lemon size balls.
- Leave it to cool. Store in a airtight container. It will last for 2_ 3 weeks. Kids will love it.