Momo is a popular street food in India it’s originally from Tibetian recipe.Here I have steam cook the Momo in a traditional way.There are varieties of momos like vegetarian,chicken or tofu stuffing.
Vegetarian Momo are mild in taste.It goes well by dipping in a spicy sauce.
I have shared my recipe in step by step method with a detailed pictures.
Grind all the vegetables of your choice in a blender grind coarsely.
In a kadai heat oil add chopped garlic saute till the raw aroma goes away.Add the above vegetables stir well.Add soya sauce,pepper powder, salt.Add chopped springonion.saute for few minutes.Turn off the flame.Allow it to cool.
Add the chilli sauce.
Knead the dough by adding all purpose flour ,salt,oil and water.knead the soft dough.let it rest for 10_15 minutes.Roll the dough in a circle shape.
Stuff the vegetables in the center.
Take a pleats, shape like a flower.Grease the steamer with a oil place the Momo.
Steam the momos for 5_7 minutes till the Momo changes colour and shine.
Serve the veg Momo with a spicy sauce.
- Carrots 2
- Sweet corn 1/2 cup
- Spring onions 2 strands
- Pepper powder
- Soy sauce 1 tsp
- Chilli sauce 2 tbsp
- Garlic cloves 7_ 8
- Oil 2 tbsp
- All purpose flour/ maida 1 cup
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Salt as needed
- FOR DOUGH:
- In a deep bottom vessel add maida, salt,oil and water.knead the firm dough .Let it rest for 5_20 minutes.
- Wash all the above vegetables.peel the carrot.In a blender add cabbage and carrots and corn grind coarsely.
- In a kadai heat oil add chopped garlic saute till raw aroma goes away.Add the above vegetables saute for few minutes till vegetables changed tender.Add pepper powder,soy sauce,chilli sauce,stir well.Finally add spring onions .Turn off the flame.Allow it to cool.
- Roll the dough in a shape of circle.stuff the vegetables in the center.Take the pleats shape them like a flower or half moon.
- Take a strainer Grease with the oil place all the momos.
- In a vessel pour a 2 cup of water.place the momos on top cover the lid.cook the momos for 5_7 minutes.
- Check the Momo changes the color and the texture must be shine not sticky then it’s done.
- Serve the Momo hot dip with any spicy sauce.
RECIPE NOTES :
- Roll the dough thin as transparent.so it’s easy to cook and taste delicious.
- You can add extra vegetables of your choice.
- You can finely chopped vegetables instead of grinding in a blender.