The Coconut Chutney has a well rounded flavour accompaniment to go with south Indian Breakfast like Idli or dosa.Coconut chutney has to be consumed fresh avoid keeping out for a long time. However consume coconut Chutney in a day.
I have shared a step by step method to prepare coconut chutney with detailed pictures below.
In a blender add chopped coconut, garlic cloves, green chillies, salt.
Scrape the sides with the help of knife or spoon now add a handful of peanuts, blend again.
Pour water to adjust the consistency of the chutney. Transfer it to a bowl.
In a small pan heat oil add mustard seeds when it begins to splutter add curry leaves, add tadka to the chutney serve with Idli or dosa, vada.
- 1/2 Cup roughly chopped coconuts
- 2 tbsp peanuts
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1_2 green chillies
- Salt as needed
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 strands curry leaves.
- In a blender add coconut, green chillies, garlic cloves and salt blend roughly.
- Scrape the sides add peanuts blend again.
- Pour water to adjust the consistency blend nicely. Transfer it to a bowl.
- FOR TADKA
- In a small pan heat oil add mustard seeds when it begins to sputter add curry leaves turn off the flame. Add them to chutney serve with Idli,dosa.