The name ‘Piri-piri’ means “pepper-pepper.” It has several names including ‘pili-pili’ and ‘peri-peri’ — but the amazing flavor is the same. Peri Peri Chicken is a tasty dinner of any cut of chicken that is marinated in and also served with a homemade peri peri sauce.
There isn’t much effort involved; all that is required is some sauce mixing and baking or grilling according on my mood. I frequently prepare a sauce similar to this in the morning and marinade the chicken all day.
Things required to prepare peri peri chicken are garlic, whole red chilies, chicken, oil, salt, lemon, bay leaf
In a blender add all the above ingredients
And the result is damn tasty. This recipe ensures you have enough to marinade the chicken
- 1/2 kg Chicken
- 2 Bay leaf
- 8-10 garlic peeled
- 2 Lemon
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 5-6 Whole Red chilies
- Salt to taste
- Things required to prepare peri peri chicken are garlic, whole red chilies, lemon, oil, salt, lemon, bay leaf
- In a blender add all the above ingredients
- Add Salt ,oil and lemon
- Then add oil and blend again to a lovely thick, spoon-able consistency. If you want it thinner, simply thin it out with more oil, or you can stir in some cold water. pour in a pan add chicken pieces
- Cook chicken on a medium heat. Until its cooked and turn crisp.
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs and spicy chili flakes. Serve !
Try these other popular recipes :