Chicken Masala Gravy are a simple dish serve in Indian cuisine.I have shared one of the simple and easy recipe.All the restaurants style dishes do take some time to prepare and cream and yogurt are mostly used.no over night marination yet delicious moderate spicy and flavorful.
step by step method to prepare an easy and delicious chicken recipe with a detailed pictures.
heat oil in a kadai or pot add bay leaf,cinnamon, cardamom in hot oil for a minute.Add sliced onions and turmeric powder saute for few minutes.
In another pan roast peanut,sesame seeds ,coriander,cardamom till it changes to golden brown.Allow it to cool.and blend to a fine powder.
wash clean and drain the chicken.remove the excess water and add the chicken to the onions. saute for few minutes. Add the peanut powder,salt,cumin seeds to the chicken.
flip the chicken and mix everything well.saute this very well till the mixture begins to leave the pan.Add chopped tomatoes cook on a medium flame.
cover the pan and continue to cook until the chicken are completely cooked to soft and tender.Serve chicken masala hot with steam rice or paratha.
- 2 tbsp of oil
- 2 sliced onions
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2 whole red chilies (garnish)
- 1/4 cup of peanuts
- 1 tbsp of sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp of coriander
- 2 cardamom
- 2 cinnamon
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1 tsp of cumin seeds
- coriander leaves for garnishing
- 1/2 kg of chicken
- Clean wash chicken well.Drain completely no excess water.
- In a pan roast peanuts,sesame seeds, cardamom, and coriander roast them till it changes to golden brown.Allow it to cool and blend to a fine powder.keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai or pot add cardamom, cinnamon,bay leaf add onions and turmeric powder saute for few minutes.Add ginger garlic paste saute till raw aroma goes away.
- Add chicken and whole cumin seeds and salt.Add the above peanut powder.flip the chicken and mix everything well.
- Add chopped tomato cook on a medium flame saute till the mixture leaves side of the pan.
- Cover the pan and cook until chicken turns to soft and tender.Garnish Chicken masala with fresh coriander leaves and whole red chilies
- Serve the chicken masala gravy with hot steamed rice or paratha.