Mutton Kadai Gravy is a bit spicy gravy most suitable dish to prefer in rainy season.
Mutton is roasted in ghee blend with fresh spices gives an incredible taste. It is best served with zeera rice or ghee rice.
I have shared mutton kadai recipe in step by step method to prepare a delicious recipe with a detailed pictures below.
In a pressure cooker heat ghee add mutton roast them for few minutes.
Add sliced onions saure till the onions changes transparent.
Add tomato puree, salt and turmeric powder saute for few minutes. Pour required water to pressure cook the mutton for 3_4 whistle.
In a pan roast all the ground spices with garlic. Blend coarsely in a blender.
In a kadai heat oil or ghee roast green capsicum for 3_4 minutes. Place them in a plate.
In a same kadai , add ginger, green chillies.
Add ground masala powder. Mix well .
Add yougurt and salt. Let it simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Add the cooked mutton gravy from the pressure cooker.
Let it simmer. Cover the lid and cook until the oil leaves side of the pan. Garnish with green capsicum, ginger and fresh coriander leaves.
- 2 onions
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 tbsp yogurt
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1/2 kg mutton
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt as needed
- 1/2 green capsicum
- 2 tbsp ginger
- 1 green chili
- 1 tbsp whole coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp whole pepper
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Fenugreek seeds
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 2-3 whole red chilies
- Wash mutton and place in a colander to drain excess water.
- In a pressure cooker heat ghee add mutton roast them for few minutes. Now add sliced onions saute until the onions changes transparent.
- Add turmeric powder, salt and tomato puree cook until the raw smell of tomatoes goes away.
- Pour required water to pressure cook the mutton for 3-4 whistle.
- As the pressure released open the lid check the muttons are soft and tender.
- Heat tawa or pan add the ground spices roast them add the spices in a blender and blend coarsely.
- Meanwhile heat ghee or oil add teen capsicum saute for 2-3 minutes. Place them in a plate.
- In the same kadai add ginger, green chili, add ground masala powder stir constantly. Now add yogurt mix well.
- Pour the cooked mutton gravy from the pressure cooker. Cover the lid and cook again till the oil leaves side of the pan.
- Serve mutton kadai with ginger, green capsicum and fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with zeera rice or ghee rice.