Malai kofta dish is made from meat balls dunked in a creamy sauce. Kofta can be either shallow fry in Ghee or oil.Else drop in the gravy. Both taste delicious.
INGREDIENTS FOR KOFTA
- Keema (mince) 500gm
- Onions 2 medium size
- Garlic cloves 5_6
- Whole red chilli 1
- Greenchillies 2
- Coriander leaves 1/4cup
- Mint leaves 1/4cup
- Salt as needed
- Garam masala powder 1/2tsp
- Roasted Channa(grind to a powder) Futne
INGREDIENTS FOR GRAVY
- Onion 1
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp
- Tomatoes 1
- Salt as needed
- Red chilli powder 1 tsp
- Yogurt 2tbsp
- Cream 2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves for Garnish.
- Garam masala powder a pinch
- Oil 3 tbsp
INSTRUCTIONS FOR KOFTA
- In a dry mixer jar add roasted Channa grind to smooth powder. Keep aside.
- In a same blender add the above ingredients blend Keema keep a side.
- In a bowl add Keema mixture and roasted Channa powder combine together. Knead as a dough by adding salt and Garam masala powder.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR GRAVY
- In a saucepan heat oil add onion saute till onion becomes soft and tender. Add Ginger garlic paste cook till raw aroma goes away.
- Add tomatoes, red chilli powder, salt. Saute till tomatoes are tender. Allow it to cool.
- In a blender add almond or Cashew add onion mixture grind to a fine smooth paste.
- In a wide pan heat oil add bay leaf, onion masala paste stir often till the oil leaves side of the pan.
- Add thick yogurt on a low flame stir gradually. Add red chilli if need to increase the spice.
Add salt and pour water as required. Bring the gravy to a boil.
- Make small balls drop the keema balls gradually and check the consistency of the gravy must be thin and runny.
- Cover the lid and cook till the kofta changes to large in size, texture soft and tender.
- Add cream, Garnish with coriander leaves add a pinch of gram masala powder.
- Creamy kofta gravy is ready to serve.