Caramel custard or caramel pudding is a popular International dessert. It’s simple and easy to prepare. Custard is serve with soft caramel on top. This can be bake or steam. Both are delicious. I always make in a large quantity because it occupied excessively.
- Eggs 6
- Milk 5 cups
- Condensed milk 1 cup
- Sugar 10 tbsp(for each egg add a cup of milk and 2 tbsp of sugar)
- Milk powder 2 tbsp
- Vanilla essence 1 tbsp
Sugar 1 Cup
- In large bowl add eggs whisk with the help of hand blender. You can use the juicer mixer to whisk the custard. By adding all the above ingredients together.
- Gradually add sugar and whisk until sugar dissolves.
- Pour milk with the continuous whisk.
- Add condensed milk. I have reduced 2 tbsp of sugar to avoid sweetened.
- Add milk powder to thickened the consistency.
- Add vanilla essence. Mix well and keep aside.
- In a thick sauce pan add sugar cook on a medium heat till the sugar melts add little water if required. Heat the sugar until it caramelized to a nice brown colour.
- In a dry mould or a ramekin cup pour the caramelize sugar.
- Tap the mould allow the caramelize sugar to spread even.
- Allow 2_3 mins to reduces the heat of caramelize. Pour the custard to it. By pouring the caramel should be in moderate temperature neither too hot nor cold. On either way the caramelize won’t stick to the custard.
- Caramel pudding can cook in two methods bake or steam.
- If baking pre heat the oven to 200°c and bake for 20 minutes.
- I prefer to steam Take a large utensil add little water. Keep the cooker ring or over turned the metal bowl to elevate the caramel mould in it. Cover the lid and. Cook on a medium flame for 20 minutes.
- When cooked cool the pudding. And then chill in the Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- To serve place a plate over the mould hold firmly in a place and turn over gently. The pudding will turn over onto the plate. Caramel side up! Pour some of the remaining caramel (if any) over the pudding and serve.