Mutton korma is a special dish prepare especially on Friday in my home town Ambur.There are different varieties of korma.Aloo mutton korma, Shahi korma etc.
I have shared a simple and quick recipe of mutton korma well flavored and balanced.
In a pressure cooker heat oil add cinnamon sticks and cardamom add Ginger garlic paste and mutton saute till the raw aroma goes away.
In a blender add sesame seeds,coconut,sliced onions and cumin seeds blend to a fine paste.
Saute mutton till the oil leaves the pan.Add the korma paste.stir well.
Add turmeric powder,salt, red chilli powder and coriander powder.
Add tomato puree and yougurt mix well.pour 2-3 cups of water cover the lid and pressure cook for 4_5 whistles.As the pressure drops check the consistency.The gravy must not be runny.
Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and mint leaves.
- 1/2 kg of mutton
- 2 sliced onions
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of yougurt
- 1/4 TSP of coriander powder
- 1 TSP of turmeric powder
- 1 TSP of red chilli powder
- 1 TSP of cumin seeds
- 1 TSP of sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp of oil
- Cinnamon sticks
- 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste
- Salt as needed
- Coriander leaves
- Mint leaves
- Wash the mutton.keep aside to drain excess water.
- In a pressure cooker heat oil add cinnamon sticks,cardamom and ginger garlic paste.stir well.Add mutton mix well till the oil leaves side.
- In a blender add sesame seeds, cumin seeds,sliced onions ,coconut blend to a fine paste.
- Add the above korma paste,salt to the mutton stir well.Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder,coriander powder.
- Add tomato puree and yougurt cook for few minutes.pour 2 cups of water cover the lid pressure cook the mutton for 4_5 whistles.
- As a pressure drops check the consistency of the gravy.
- Garnish them with fresh coriander leaves and mint leaves.serve with steam basmati rice,pulao and zeera rice.