Cauliflower cooked in onion and tomato base, a semi dry consistency. One of my kid’s favorite, I make as accompaniment for sambhar and rice. Goes well with chapathis too.
Here we are going to learn step by step method to prepare an easy Sabzi as side dish.
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Onion 1
- Small size tomato 1
- Salt as needed
- Cumin powder 1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
- Sambhar powder 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Soak Cauliflower in a boiling water add salt and Turmeric powder keep aside.
- In a skillet heat oil add onions saute till it changes transparent. Add Ginger garlic paste cook till the raw aroma goes away.
- Add Cumin powder, sambhar powder, red chilli powder, Turmeric powder and salt stir well.
- Add chopped tomato saute till the raw aroma goes away.
- Add Cauliflower stir well. Cover the lid cook on a low flame for 5 _10 minutes. No need to add water. Cauliflower will cook in a covered steam. Stir in between to avoid burnt at the bottom of the pan.
- Serve Cauliflower with some fresh coriander leaves.
- Goes well with rice and chappati.