chicken do pyaza is my 50th recipe in my blog. yet, another gravy very rich, creamy and tasty dish. The onions are added in two portions at different levels. Its easy to make with a very few ingredients.cook and enjoy it.
I have shared my recipes in step by step method to prepare an easy and tasty gravy.
Heat oil in a sauce pan add cardamom, cinnamon stick, sliced onions saute till it changes transparent.
Mean while Marinate chicken in a yogurt. Keep aside .
Once the onions turns slightly brown add Ginger garlic paste saute till raw aroma goes away.
In a blender add almond or Cashew, green chillies, coriander leaves and a teaspoon of yogurt grind them to a smooth paste.
Add the green chilli paste to the gravy. Stir well.
Add a Marinated chicken to the gravy. Let it simmer and cook till the chicken turns soft and tender.
Add malai( A layer of yellowish cream appear after heating whole milk) in a blender add a teaspoon of milk blend to a smooth paste.
Add malai or cream to a gravy.
Cut onions in circle toss with the butter in another pan.
Add the onion rings to the gravy while serving. It goes well with a Nan or Indian bread.
- Onion 3
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp
- Salt as needed
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Almond or Cashew 7_8
- Butter for tossing onion rings
- Greenchillies 3
- Coriander leaves
- Yogurt 1 cup
- Cream or malai 2 tbsp
- Cinnamon and cardamom 1 each
- Chicken 500gm
- INSTRUCTIONS :
- Place chicken in a bowl add thick yogurt Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil add onions saute till golden brown add Ginger garlic paste saute till raw aroma goes away.
- Add green chillies, coriander leaves, almond or Cashew to a blender add a tablespoon of yogurt grind it to a smooth paste.
- Add the above paste to a gravy stir well add chicken. Let it simmer and cook till the chicken turns soft and tender .
- You can use a homemade malai that can be stock in a freezer.place them in a grinder add milk and grind to a smooth paste. Add to the gravy or add the fresh cream I have tried both the creams it taste delicious . Cook for 5 minutes .
- In another sauce pan toss the onion rings in a melted butter place them on top of the gravy while serving. It goes well with Naan (Indian bread).