Homemade Butterscotch Syrup_ Learn to make butterscotch syrup at home with out cream .Follow the step by step method with a detailed pictures below. I have used the butterscotch syrup in my last Cheese Cake recipe. You can also drizzle the syrup in ice cream and milkshake.
I have shared homemade Butterscotch syrup below with a detailed pictures.
Add a cup of sugar in a heavy bottom sauce pan, heat on a medium flame.
Let it caramelise on a medium flame. You can use a wire or steel whisk to stir.
Once the sugar starts to melt stop stirring. Let it melt completely.
Now add butter at room temperature. Stir well.
Immediately add room temperature milk to it .stir continously till it slightly thickened.
Check the right consistency and turn off the flame. Allow to cool and store in an air tight container. KerpKin a refrigerator.
- 1 cup granuled sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- Add sugar in a heavy bottom sauce pan. Heat sugar on a medium flame.
- Let it caramelise on a medium flame. Use the wooden spoon or wire whisk to stir.
- Once the sugar starts melting add room temperature butter stir well.
- Immediately add room temperature milk to it, stir continously till the syrup slightly thickened, turn off the flame.
- Allow it to cool and store in an air tight container. Keep in a refrigerator. Before drizzling in ice cream or desserts , micro wave or double boil the syrup for the right consistency.
- Enjoy homemade Butterscotch syrup with icecream and desserts☺️