Sheer Khurma is a traditional dessert prepare on Eid Festival. It’s a rich dessert prepare with milk, dates, vermicelli, condensed milk , saffron and nuts. The thin vermicelli taste delicious when it is roasted in a ghee and it’s easily available in the market.
I have shared a simple and easy recipe below with a detailed pictures.
In a vessel heat ghee add cardamom and cinnamon stick.
Break the vermicelli add them to the ghee.
Roast on a low flame till the vermicelli Changes to golden brown.
Add milk. Let the vermicelli cook on a medium flame.
Add sugar stir well, until the sugar dissolves.
Add condensed milk for a creamy rich in taste.
Garnish them with chopped nuts and saffron.
- 1 Litre milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup vermicelli
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 cardamom
- 10 _12 almonds
- 6_7 strands saffron
- 7_8 raisins
- 2_3 dates
- 2 tbsp condensed milk
- 1 tbsp ghee or butter
- In a saucepan boil milk.
- In another vessel heat ghee add cardamom and cinnamon stick.
- Now break the vermicelli add them to the ghee roast well in a continuous stir till the colour changes to golden brown.
- Add milk. Let the vermicelli cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes.
- Add sugar and condensed milk stir well until the sugar dissolves.
- Garnish the sheer Khurma with dates, chopped nuts and saffron.
- In a small bowl add warm milk and saffron. Let it rest until the saffron dissolves then add to the milk for a nice fragrance and colour.
- Instead of adding the nuts directly, you can also roast the nuts in a ghee before serving.
- The consistency of the dessert must be liquid not too thick, the vermicelli absorbs milk. If your sweet turns thick add warm milk later on while serving.