Egg barfi is a super delicious recipe with three simple ingredients _ eggs, oil and sugar stir continuously non_ stop. I have given tips and suggestions in the post itself, so that you do not find the recipe too daunting and can make it easily.
I have shared my recipes in step by step method to prepare an egg barfi recipe.
In a heavy bottom pan or kadai add eggs and sugar stir in a wired whisk.
Add oil and crushed cardamom to it.
Turn on the stove. Stir continuously.
Stir continuously to avoid lumps. Cook on a medium flame. Use wooden spatula to prevent from heat. These mixture are extremely high in temperature.
Stir continuously for another few minutes.
You can notice a small even lumps in the picture. The oil leaves side of the pan. And the color and texture changes. It’s done. Turn off the stove.
Serve in a bowl or a cake tin. Press with the spatula to make an even size.Tilt the bowl to Remove the excess oil.
Allow it to cool down. Garnish with Cashew on top. Cut in a shape of square or rectangle. Keep in a airtight container. It will last fresh for three days.
- Oil or Ghee 3/4 cup
- Eggs 3
- Sugar 3/4 cup
- In a deep bottom pan add eggs, add measured sugar and oil.
- Stir in a wired whisk add crushed cardamom
- Turn on the stove stir non stop to avoid uneven lumps.
- Stir continuously. Use a wooden spatula to prevent from heat.
- Stir the mixture for 10 minutes. You can notice the oil leaves side of the pan and the colour and texture changes turn off the stove.
- Select a bowl or tin that has depth and height. Transfer the mixture in the bowl press and make it even.
- Tilt slightly to remove the excess oil. Allow it to cool.
- Cut in the shape of square or rectangles. Garnish with Cashew.
- Measure sugar and oil carefully excess sugar will spoil the sweetness in barfi.
- Half of the oil is consumed in the dish and the remaining half has to be removed.
- Instead of oil you can use Ghee for nice rich flavor.