Vegetable kofta gravy is a rich delicious recipe. The gravy is made sperate and the kofta is prepared separately. Similar to other kofta gravy its time consuming yet, its rich and indulgent can be made on weekends or any special occasions.
I have shared vegetable kofta gravy in restaurants style with detailed photos and recipe.
In a pan heat oil add sesame seeds, sliced onion, Kasuri methi, saute till onion becomes soft and tender. Add Ginger garlic paste. Saute till the raw aroma goes away.
Add green chillies, Turmeric powder, Redchilli powder,coriander powder. Stir well.
Stir the mixture. And allow it to cool. Transfer the above mixture into a blender add thick yogurt and grind to a smooth paste.
In a pan heat Ghee add the above onion paste. Add salt as needed.
Cook the gravy on a low flame. Till the oil leaves side of the pan. Add heavy cream
In a bowl add boiled vegetables add Redchilli powder, corn flour, coriander leaves, Cumin powder. Mix very well. Make small portion of a ball and press in the center
Take a grill add little oil place kofta. Cook till golden brown on one side and then flip on the other side. Cook on a low flame to avoid breaking.
Serve the gravy in a bowl. Add kofta before serving.
Ingredients for the kofta:
- Carrot 1
- Beans 4_5
- Potato 1
- Coriander leaves
- Red chilli powder 1 tsp
- Cumin powder 1
- Cornflour 2 tbsp
- Ingredients for the gravy :
- Onion 1
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Ghee 1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp
- Salt as needed
- Sesame seeds 1 tsp
- Kasuri methi 1 tbsp
- Thick yogurt 1/2 cup
- Greenchillies 1_2
- Turmeric powder 1 tsp
- Redchilli powder 1 tsp
- Coriander powder 1 tsp
- Heavy cream 1 tbsp
- Instructions :
- HOW TO MAKE KOFTA:
Wash, peel, chopped vegetables boil them and drain the excess water.
- In a bowl add all the vegetables add Redchilli powder, Cumin powder, salt, corn flour, coriander leaves mix very well.
- Make small portions of the kofta.
- In a grill pan heat oil add kofta cook on a low flame to avoid breaking. Flip on both the sides till it changes golden brown.
- Place in an absorbent paper.
- HOW TO MAKE KOFTA GRAVY :
- Heat oil in a pan add sesame seeds. When it begins to crackle add sliced onions saute till it changes transparent. Add Kasuri methi and ginger garlic paste. Saute till the raw aroma goes away.
- Add green chillies, salt, Turmeric powder and coriander powder saute for 5 minutes. Turn off the stove. Allow it to cool.
- Transfer the onion mixture in a blender add thick yogurt grind to a smooth paste.
- In a pan add a tsp of ghee add the above paste cook for another 5 minutes. Add heavy cream.
- Serve in a bowl add kofta before serving.
- Vegetable kofta gravy goes well with Naan or roti.