Shahi Tukda is a rich royal mughlai dessert made with bread fried, milk and khoya. It can also be pan fried with ghee smeared over it. The quick and easy version of shahi Tukda recipe as follows.
- Bread 5_6 slices
- Khoya or mawa 100gm
- Sugar 1/2 cup or 4bsp
- Whole fat milk 3 cup
- Saffron strands 6_8
- Chopped almonds 2 tbsp
- Cardamom 2
- Oil to fry
- Cut the sides of bread slices on four sides. Now cut each bread in to four squares. I used whole wheat bread instead of white bread.
- Deep fry or shallow fry the bread till it’s crisp. keep aside.
- In a thick sauce pan Boil milk till it reduces to 1cup. The process of reducing milk on a low flame takes time. So I prefer to boil little milk first when it thickens add another cup and so on. Milk consistency would be like a rabri.
- Add khoya stir well.
- Dissolve saffron in 1 tbsp of warm milk add to the milk.
- Add sugar stir till sugar dissolves and the milk gets thickened. Turn off the flame.
- Arrange the bread slices neatly in the serving plate. Pour the thick rabri as garnish with the chopped almonds.
- Serving rich royal shahi Tukda immediately gives a crunchy taste of bread and rabdi on top is awesome.
Do you take order and deliver, I live in Bangalore