The chocolate pudding are thickened with cornstarch and can be made from start to finish in only a few minutes. The chocolate has a good chocolate flavor, but isn’t as rich or intense as a chocolate mousse. I added some chocolate, which isn’t called for in the original recipe, to increase the overall chocolatiness of the pudding. The vanilla pudding has a milder flavor and a slightly lighter feel than the chocolate, but is a good balance for it. I put some cream into the vanilla pudding for creamy taste a little, as well as to give it a little more richness.
I have shared my recipes in step by step method to prepare a delicious dessert.
In a bowl add a little water with cornstarch mix till dissolves keep aside.
Boil milk add cornstarch to it on a low flame.
Add sugar. Stir continuously.
Divide the cornstarch milk in to two equal portions.
Add vanilla essence to one portion for flavor. Add half of a gelatin to it. Pour in a serving mould. Freeze it till set.
Dissolved the coco powder mix with a little water and a bit of dark chocolate in a microwave or with a double boiler. Add the chocolate syrup in an another portion of milk. Stir well.
Add gelatin to it.
Pour the chocolate syrup as a second layer on a vanilla mixture mould. Keep it in a freezer for another 30 minutes.
Serve the yummy and delicious chocolate pudding.
- Milk 3 cups
- Sugar 1 cup
- Heavy cream 4 tbsp
- Cornstarch 3 tbsp
- Coco powder 2 tbsp
- Dark chocolate (optional) 10 gm
- Vanilla essence 1 tbsp
- Gelatin 1 sachet
- In a bowl add half cup of water and cornstarch to it. Mix well till it dissolves. Keep aside.
- In a sauce pan boil milk. Add cornstarch to it. stir well till it thickened.
- Add sugar stir continuously.
- Divide the milk in to two equal portions.
- In one part of milk add vanilla essence and half of the gelatin to it.Add cream. Pour the syrup in a serving mould. Keep in a freezer for few minutes.
- In another half portions of milk add chocolate syrup and remaining gelatin to it. Stir gently.
- Pour the chocolate syrup on top of the vanilla set in a bowl.
- Keep it in a freezer for another 30 minutes or until it set completely.
- Serve chill.