Homemade Butterscotch Pudding is a light and creamy in taste. Making butterscotch at home is pretty simple caramelize sugar and butter. All of the warm, nostalgic flavor just comes from those two ingredients, I have add cornstarch to thicken it and milk and cream to make it creamy, a little vanilla for flavor, and that’s about all there is to it.
I have shared a butterscotch Pudding recipe with a detailed pictures below.
In a saucepan add sugar and a little water to caramelized the sugar.
In another saucepan add cream and milk.
Once the sugar is caramelized add butter and milk.
In a mixing bowl add egg yolks and cornflour whisk in a hand blender or a folk or a standing mixer.
Add vanilla essence.
Gradually add the butterscotch syrup.
Add the leftover butterscotch syrup and whisk well.
Transfer the butterscotch syrup to the saucepan cook on a low flame till the eggs are cooked and the sauce are thickened.
Pour the butterscotch syrup to the serving bowl or a glass. Refrigerate for atleast an hour or till it’s firm.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cream
- 1/2 granuled sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 egg white
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- In a saucepan add cream and milk. Let it simmer.
- In another saucepan add granuled sugar and little water to caramelized the sugar.
- Once the sugar is caramelized add butter and milk stir well. Turn off the flame.
- In a mixing bowl add egg yolks and 1 egg white whisk in a hand blender add cornflour whisk well.
- Gradually add the butterscotch syrup to the egg mixture whisk till smooth.
- Transfer the butterscotch syrup in a saucepan, Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes just to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Pour in a serving bowl or glass refrigerate for atleast 1 hour or till it is set.
- Serve chilled with a whip cream on top.