A Delicious and comforting sabzi made with Ridge gourd and eggs served with rice and chappati. Sharing a simple yet, tasty Ridge gourd recipe.. A recipe that we had for many years that comes from my mom not only it taste good but healthy too.
Here is the step by step recipe to follow.
Wash peel and cut turai in semi circle cook in a wide pan. Add red chilli powder and Turmeric powder. Cook till the excess water absorbs.
- Onion medium size 2
- Oil 1 1/2tsp
- Redchilli powder 1tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/4tsp
- Cumin powder 1/4 tsp
- Salt as needed
- Turai/Ridge gourd 4
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- Eggs 2
- Peel and wash turai cut in to semi circles.
- In a separate pan add turai, red chilli powder and Turmeric powder cook until the excess water absorbs.
- In a wide pan heat oil add onion and salt saute onion till it turns to light golden.
- Add red chilli powder, Cumin powder, salt and a pinch of Turmeric powder stir well.
- In a bowl whip eggs add to the onion mixture. cover the lid and cook on a low flame.
- Add coriander leaves once the eggs are done. Scramble the eggs.
- Add cooked turai to the eggs cook on a medium flame for 5 mins till the excess water absorbs.
- Serve hot with rice or chappati.
Thanks for the easy to understand recipes