Reshmi kabab or chicken malai kabab recipe – Kebab or kabab is a piece of meat or other food that is mostly grilled on the charcoal fire. Reshmi kabab has its roots from the Mughalai cuisine. It is not commonly prepared in the house holds due to the absence of charcoal fire. It is mostly found on the Indian restaurant menus and tops the orders among the list of chicken dishes. These are also known as chicken malai tikka. Reshmi means silky and is a urdu word
Reshmi kabab is another of those addictive and amazing Indian dishes that you could never have enough of tiny bites. Reshmi are soft and silky in texture. tender grill in oven or by using stove to Tandoor. I had used a little oil and butter to prepare a delicious tempting Kebabs.
I have shared a step by step method to prepare an easy delicious Kebabs recipe.
In a bowl add Ginger garlic paste, salt, red chilli powder, coriander powder, Cumin powder, Turmeric powder, Kasuri methi and a spoon of vegetable oil or olive oil.
Add gram flour and thick yogurt mix well.
Add boneless chicken pieces to it mix well. Marinate for 1_2hours or over night. The longer we allow them to rest. The softer they turn out. If using wooden skewers, soak them for at least one hour.
Preheat oven in 200°C for at least 10 minutes. Prick the chicken pieces with the help of skewers. Place in a grill tray.
Grease the chicken kababs with the melted butter.
Place the Kebabs in the oven. Grill the Kebabs for 20_25 minutes. Flip the skewers. Keep an eye of grilling to prevent burning.
Reshmi kabab are ready to serve as a starter or side dish.
Reshmi Kabab recipe – INGREDIENTS :
- Boneless chicken 500gm
- Vegetables oil or olive oil 1 tbsp
- Kasuri methi 1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp
- Salt as needed
- Redchilli powder 1 tsp
- Cumin powder 1 tsp
- Coriander powder 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
- Thick yogurt 2 tbsp
- Gram flour 2 tbsp
- Butter for grease
- Cottage cheese grated 1 tbsp( optional)
- Wash the chicken in a plenty of water. Rinse and keep a side.
- In a bowl add Ginger garlic paste, salt, red chilli powder, coriander powder, Cumin powder, Turmeric powder, gram flour, oil, thick yogurt, and finally add crushed Kasuri methi mix well. Add the chicken pieces.
- Marinate the chicken kebabs for 1_ 2hours.
- Pre heat oven for 200 °
- Grease the chicken with the melted butter.
- Prick the chicken pieces with the help of skewers. Place in a grill tray. And grill in the oven for 20_25 minutes.
- Grill Reshmi kababs are ready to serve.
- In a kadai or wide utensil. place the Marinated chicken Kebabs in a stove cook on a medium flame till the chicken turns soft and tender. And the sauce absorbs. Masala mix with the chicken. Leave it to cool.
- Prick the chicken pieces in the skewer. Grease with the melted butter.
- Place the kebabs on the grill pan. On a medium flame grill the Kebabs by flipping often. To prevent burning.
Prep Time:1-2 Hours
Cook Time:25-30 Mins
Total Time:1 hr 30 Mins
For more Kebab recipes, you may like to check
Thangdi kebab and more.