In a bowl combine wheat flour, salt and Water Knead the firm dough and set a side for 15 mins.
Knead the dough again and divide in to lemon size balls. Toss in to the flour.
Roll the roti toss in a dry flour as often required to avoid sticking.
Roll in to a thin roti.In a hot skillet put the roti cook for few minutes only on one side.
Put the other side directly on stove to cook on other side a small air pockets are form.
Phulka is ready to serve with any subji of your choice
Wheat flour 1 ½ cup
HOW TO MAKE PHULKA
1. To begin making the Phulka (roti/ chapati) recipe, first bring all the ingredients together and make the dough.
2. In a large bowl combine the flour and salt; add a little water at a time to make firm dough. knead for a few more minutes until smooth.
3. Set the dough aside to rest covered for 15 minutes. Knead once again and divide the dough into 8 portions.
4. Preheat the iron skillet on medium high heat. Roll the portions of phulka (roti) dough into balls; flatten these balls with the palm of your hand.
5. Take a portion of the phulka dough, toss it on the flour and roll out into thin circles to approximately. As you roll them out, you can keep tossing the dough in dry flour while rolling; this will prevent it from getting sticky when rolling them out.
6. Cook the rolled dough as indicated in the steps above. Continue the process of rolling with the remaining portions of the dough.
Cooking Phulka (Roti) on Gas Stove:
7. Place rolled dough on the hot skillet. In a few seconds you will notice that small air pockets start to form.