Gulab jamun is a traditional sweet prepare specially in festive season.Its a soft ,spongy and melt in mouth Gulab jamun drenched in delicately flavored syrup.There are many ready made instant mixes available in market but no one comes closer to the taste of home made gulab jamun made from traditional mawa or khoya.
I have shared gulab jamun recipes with a step by step method and a detailed pictures.
In a vessel add sugar,cardamom and water together and bring it to boil.The syrup must be slightly thickened till one string process
In a bowl add khoya, all purpose flour.
Add soda bi carbonate
Pour some milk to knead the dough.
Knead the firm dough.
Divide the dough in to small lemon size portions .Roll the balls till it’s smooth and no cracks appears in a jamun.
In a kadai heat oil.The oil must be in a medium heat flame. Drop the jamun gently and deep fry evenly.
Take the jamun in a plate and allow it to cool.break the jamun in to half to check it’s cook inside.
Soak the jamuns in a lukewarm sugar syrup. Serve it after an hour for a delicious taste.
- Khoya or mawa 250 gm
- Baking soda 1/2 tsp
- All purpose flour/ maida 1 1/2 cup ( cup measures as 250 ml)
- Milk 2 tbsp
- Sugar 3/4 cup
- Water 1/2 cup
- Cardamom 1
- Add water,sugar and cardamom together in a vessel bring it to boil till the syrup slightly thickens in one string process.
- In a bowl add khoya,sugar ,baking soda and milk .knead the firm dough.
- Divide the dough in to small lemon size portions roll the ball till it’s soft and no cracks appears in it.
- Heat the oil in a kadai.Deep dry the jamuns in a medium heat to cook evenly inside.
- Serve them in a bowl .cut into half to check the jamuns are cook inside .If the oil is extreme hot the jamuns will appear brown outside and lumps inside.
- Soak the jamuns in a Luke warm syrup.serve it after an hour for a delicious taste.