An out of the box sabji made of a gulab jamun made of savoury style, Gulab jamun is prepared by my dearest sister all the time. I never knew the trick of making soft jamuns unless one of my viewers requested for the recipe I had posted earlier. Gulab jamun sabji is a unique and a delicious recipe made with khoya in the form of gulab jamun which is no sweet. It’s a vegetarian recipe with full of flavours with fried jamun balls can be served at your dinner party.
I have shared an interesting gulab jamun ki Sabji Recipe with step by step method and a detailed pictures below.
In a bowl add khoya/Mawa , maida, a pinch of salt and baking soda.
Pour little milk, knead the firm dough.
Divide the dough in to small lemon size portions roll it in the shape of a ball.
Deep fry the jamun. Keep aside.
In another pan heat oil add garam masala powder add onions saute until it changes transparent.
Add ginger garlic paste saute until the raw aroma goes away.
Add red chilli powder,coriander powder and turmeric powder saute for 2 minutes.
In a blender add onions, green chillies and tomato blend to a fine puree.
Add the tomato puree to the mixture saute till the oil leaves sides of the pan.
Add yogurt mix well.Let it simmer and cook for few minutes.
Add heavy cream stir well, turn off the flame.
Place the jamuns on the serving bowl pour the gravy on top. Serve with ghee rice , naan or phulka.
FOR GULAB JAMUN
- 1/2 Cup khoya/mawa
- 1/4 Cup maida /all purpose flour
- 1/4tsp baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- Cooking oil
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 Onions
- 1 tomatoes
- 1_2 green chillies
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp yogurt
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- In a bowl add maida, khoya, baking soda and a pinch of the add milk. Knead the firm dough.
- Divide the dough into small portions shape them like a ball. Deep fry the jamuns. Keep aside.
- In another pan heat oil add onions saute until it changes transparent.
- Add ginger garlic paste saute until the raw aroma goes away.
- Add red chilli powder,coriander powder and turmeric powder saute for few minutes.
- Add yogurt let it simmer and cook for few minutes.
- Finally add heavy cream turn off the flame.
- Place the jamuns on a serving bowl pour the gravy on top garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot with ghee rice, naan or phulka.