Mutton Kebab Recipe_ Mutton kebab is a delicious side dish made with boneless mutton pieces. Its crispy, taste very delicious and falvorful. Kebabs can be eaten as a appetizers with mint chutney or as a side dish for rice and dal.
Mutton kebabs are very simple to make and even beginners can try them. The entire recipes is just made in 3 steps. Marinate the meat, pressure cook and shallow fry them.
I have shared a step by step method to prepare an easy and simple recipe of kebab below with a detailed pictures.
In a pressure cooker add ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, salt and turmeric powder.
Wash the mutton and drain the excess water. Now add mutton, oil, venigar pour little water pressure cook the mutton for 4_ 5 whistles.
As pressure drops, If there is any water remaining in the pressure cooked mutton, evaporate the excess water by keeping the cooker lid uncovered and cooking on a medium flame.
In a grill pan add oil and mutton pieces saute the mutton till it turns crisp.
Add curry leaves cook them for another 5 minutes. Turn off the flame. Squeeze lemon on top .Serve hot with rice and dal.
- 400 grams boneless mutton
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp venigar
- 1 _ 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 stands curry leaves
- Salt as needed
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 Cup water
- In a pressure cooker add red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder ,venigar ,salt and oil. Pour required water.
- Wash the mutton and drain the excess water. Add mutton to the above spices. Pressure cook for 4_5 whistles.
- Reduce the steam. If there is any water remaining in the cooker, evaporate the excess water by keeping the cooker lid un covered cooking on a medium flame.
- In another grill pan heat oil add mutton pieces saute till it turns crisp.
- Add curry leaves saute with the mutton for a nice aroma of curry leaves.saute for another 5 minutes. Turn off the flame.
- Garnish with onions. Serve with rice and dal.
- You can green chillies along with curry leaves for extra spice.
- Cooking mutton on pressure cooker varies depends on the mutton. If the mutton is soft and in small pieces it takes only 3_4 whistles to cook.
- I prefer to add little water and cook on medium flame. Excess water in the mutton will consume a long time to evaporate, and the texture and taste differ while cooking process takes long time.