Moorangai / oleifera is a drumstick plant that has been praised for its health benefits for thousands of years.It is very rich in healthy antioxidant.
I have shared a delicious traditional moorangai / spinach recipe below with a detailed pictures.
In a kadai heat oil add onions saute till it changes transparent.
In a blender add peanuts, garlic cloves and red whole chillies blend to a ground coarse Powder.
Blend it to a rough coarse Powder.
Add peanut powder ,salt to the onions stir well.
In another pan boil water add moorangai leaves.Let it boil for 5 minutes. Strain the leaves drain excess water.
Add moorangai leaves to the peanut mixture .cook for another 5 minutes.
Serve with rice and dal.
- 2 onions
- 1 bunch Moorangai leaves
- 2 whole red chillies
- 3_4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup peanut
- Salt as needed
- 1 tbsp oil
- In a deep bottom pan heat oil add onions saute till it changes transparent.
- In a blender add peanuts, garlic cloves, whole red chillies blend to a ground coarse Powder.
- Add to the onions stir well.
- In another vessel boil water add moorangai leaves cook for 5 minutes and strain drain the excess water.
- Add the moorangai leaves mix well. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with rice and dal.
- Moorangai / oleifera leaves can lower your cholesterol levels, potentially reducing the risk of heart diseases.
- Eating moorangai leaves is believed to increase Women’s milk production.
- Leaf juice mixed with honey are used as a remedy for diarrhoea, dysentery
- Moorangai leaves extract are used as skin antiseptic.
- Proteins ,the building blocks of our bodies, are made of amino acids.Usually, only animal products such as meat, eggs and dairy contain all of the essential amino acids.Amazingly moorangai leaves also contain them all.