Tea is an aromatic beverage commonly prepare by pouring hot or boiling water and milk. We have tried many types of tea like dum chai, elachi chai, green tea, lemon tea..
For a nation of tea _ drinkers ,the idea of chai as tandoori Chai served in clay cup (khulhad) famous in Pune invented by Amol Dilip Rajedo. What makes this tea different from others is it’s preparation style; where empty clay cups are kept in tandoor/ Indian oven then tea is poured in it. It gives an earthly smooky flavour.
I have shared a step by step method to prepare an innovative tandoori Chai at home with detailed pictures below.
Place clay cup on stove top with a low flame to heat. You can notice the colour changes as its kept on fire.
In a pan add water, tea leaves ,sugar and cardamom bring it to boil.
Add milk and let it boil for few minutes. You will see the change in color of the tea.
Strain tea in another pan. Place the clay cup in a bowl or vessel. Pour the tea.
The tea will start to bubble in the clay pot and would eventually ooze out.
You can see this unique tandoori Chai in the comforts of your kitchen and get going!
Pour it in a clean clay pot and pair it with bun or biscuits.
- 2 Cup milk
- 1 Cup water
- 2 tbsp tea leaves
- 3 tsp sugar
- 1 cardamom
- 1 clay pot for tandoori flavour
- Place the clay pot on a flame and heat it for few minutes.
- Prepare tea by boiling water add tea leaves,sugar, cardamon.
- Once the water starts boiling add milk and boil until the color changes to light brown.
- Strain the tea in another vessel.
- Place the clay cup in a deep bottom pan or vessel. Pour the hot tea in it.
- The tea will start to bubble in the clay cup and would eventually ooze out.
- Pour in a clean clay cup serve hot with bun or biscuits.