Chicken strips are yet another starters for iftar .A mouth watering appetizers.kids loves it. These chicken tenders, mix with white sauce seasoned with pepper and fried to crispy, crunchy perfection, are at the top of list. They’re delicious plain, dipped in mayo. And they’re not just for picky kids everyone loves them.
I have shared my recipes in step by step method with detailed pictures to prepare an easy delicious recipe.
In a deep bottom pan melt butter add oil and all purpose flour stir well as no lumps formed.
Add milk in two to three batches.stir well to form a soft dough like consistency.Add salt and pepper.
Transfer the dough in a bowl.
Cook the chicken in a separate pan by adding salt and pepper.shred the chicken add them to the dough.mix evenly and keep aside.
In a blender add cornflakes grind to a ground powder.place them in a plate.
Roll the chicken dough in the shape of fingers coat them in the cornflakes crumbs or breadcrumbs. freeze it for 10_15 minutes.
In a kadai heat oil. deep fry the fingers and place in a kitchen towel or absorbent paper.
Chicken fingers goes well with any dip or mayo or ketchup.
- Chicken 3_ 4 pieces.
- Butter 2 tbsp
- Oil 2tbsp
- All purpose flour/ maida 4 tbsp
- Milk 1/2 cup
- Salt as needed
- Pepper 2tsp
- Corn crumbs/ bread crumbs1 cup
- In a deep bottom pan melt butter add oil and all purpose flour stir well.
- Add milk in two to three batches gently to make a soft dough consistency not like a white sauce.
- Transfer them in a bowl. Allow it to cool.
- In a separate pan add chicken ,salt and pepper pour water. Cook the chicken till it turns tender. Allow it to cool.
- Shred the chicken .Add the shredded chicken to the dough mix well.
- Divide the dough in to small portions roll them in the shapes of fingers, coat them in to corn crumbs or breadcrumbs.
- Freeze it for at least 10_ 15 minutes.
- Deep fry the chicken fingers .place them in a kitchen towel or absorbent paper.
- Delicious chicken fingers goes well with mayo or ketchup.
- Both butter and oil must be in a equal quantity.Excess butter will break the chicken fingers .
- Pour milk in a little portions to avoid the runny sauce.
- You can add extra maida to adjust the consistency.