Praline is a dessert toppings made from nuts and caramelized sugar.Its a firm combination of almonds and caramelized sugar. Butterscotc nuts are easily available in the market, but since you can make them at home, why not give it a try.
I have shared a simple and easy recipe of paraline in a step by step method with a detailed pictures below.
In a saucepan over medium heat add sugar. Caramelized the sugar until it melts and changes its colour to light golden brown.
Add room temperature butter to it. Stir well.
Now add chopped nuts. Stir continuously for a minute. Remove from the heat. Grease a plate with oil. Pour the nuts mixture. Spread the mixture on a greased flat surface and allow it to cool and harden. It will look like a chikki.
Once cool down, scrape it out using a palate knife and blend to make a coarsely powder.
Butterscotch praline is ready. Store in airtight container.
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- In a saucepan over medium heat add sugar. Caramelized the sugar until it changes golden brown colour.
- Add chopped nuts stir continuously for a minute. Remove from the heat.
- Grease the plate with a drop of oil. Pour the nuts mixture. Spread the sheet.Allow it to cool and harden. It will looks like chikki.
- Once cool down, scrape using a palate knife blend to make a coarsely powder.
- Butterscotch paraline are rready.Store in airtight container.