HOW TO MAKE BURGER BUNS_ Burger Buns bake in your own kitchen is better than anything store bought.The buns are soft and fluffy throughout and crusty on the outside. Exactly what anyone would want in their burgers. Check out my extra recipe notes below that will hopefully answer any bread baking questions!
I have shared a step by step method to prepare a burger bun with a detailed pictures below.
In a bowl add lukewarm water sugar ,salt and active dry yeast. Let the mixture sit for 5_7 minutes.
In a wide pan add all purpose flour and milk powder.
In a pan add maida and water cook for a minute or until it becomes thick.
Transfer them into a bowl and allow it to cool. Add them to the dough. It helps in starch.
Make a well in the centre add yeast. Knead the dough until it turns soft tacky dough.
Mix the dough until it comes together and cleans itself from the sides of the bowl.
Apply butter to the dough, knead the dough again.
Remove the dough from the mixing bowl and place it into a greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap or a clean towel and leave at room temperature until doubled in volume.
Divide the dough into 9_10 balls place them in a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Cover the buns in a clean towel leave it in a room temperature until double in size.
Meanwhile preheat oven at 180 degree Celsius.
Before baking the bun brush lightly with the egg yolks for a nice brown colour.sprinkle with sesame seeds and black seeds.
Bake for about 25 minutes or until golden.
Leave to cool slightly before removing them from the baking sheet.
Enjoy the soft and fluffy buns!
- 4 Cups all purpose flour/ maida
- 4 tsp active dry yeast
- 5 tsp tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 5_6 tbsp milk powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp all purpose flour/ maida ( for starch)
- 1 egg yolk( brushing)
- 30gms butter
- In a bowl, add sugar,salt yeast and lukewarm water let it rest for 5_7 minutes leave at room temperature until the yeast is dissolved and it foams, like a sponge.
- In a pan add all purpose flour and water cook for a minute until it becomes thickened. Transfer it to a bowl and allow them to cool.
- In a mixing bowl add maida, milk powder make a well in the centre add yeast, maida ( starch) knead the dough.
- Mix the dough until it comes together and cleans itself from side of the bowl or pan.
- Add butter knead again.place them in a greased bowl cover with a clean towel leave at room temperature until it raise double in volume.
- Gently inead the dough to remove the bubbles.bubble the dough into 9_10 balls place them in a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Cover the buns in a clean towel leave it in a room temperature until double in size.
- Meanwhile Pre heat oven for 180 degree celsius.
- Before baking brush the buns lightly with egg yolks and sprinkle with sesame seeds and black seeds.
- Bake the buns for about 25 minutes.
- Leave to cool before removing from the baking sheets.
- Enjoy the soft and fluffy buns.
- I love brushing the buns with a lightly beaten egg. It gives that shiny crust, but you can completely skip this step. You can brush the buns with milk and sugar. Sugar also gives the nice colour to the buns,sprinkling black seeds is also optional. It’s a personal preference.
- You can used mash potatoes instead of maida batter for starch,it sound weird to add mashed potatoes to the dough, but in fact, it’s the starch in the potatoes that gives these buns the light, tender, and moist texture. And not only that, but they help the dough rise faster and prevents the bun to go stale.