Homemade Bread Recipe_ This is a classic white bread recipe, and so easy! The loaves bake up incredibly tall, soft and fluffy… the perfect white bread! It requires no special equipment or skills, no special knowledge. This is a great recipe to start with. It will give you such a delicious loaf, even a beginners can start to bake. No more running to the nearest convenience store, now you can bake it at your convenience:-). Try and share with family and friends. Happy to hear your feedback
I have shared a step by step guide to prepare a delicious loaf below with a detailed pictures.
In a bowl add salt,sugar, yeast and lukewarm water.
Let the yeast bubble up the higher the better!
In a bowl add 2 cups of all purpose flour.
Add milk powder. It gives a nice colour to the bread.
Make a well in the centre add the yeast into the well. Stir until it forms a shaggy dough.
Knead the dough for a couple of minutes by adding oil or butter to it. The dough must be stretchable as shown in the pictures. Then its done.
Cover the dough. Make sure the dough is kept warm, in a room temperature area. I kept my dough on top of the fridge for a quick raise.
When the dough is ready to formed, punch the dough. Press the dough down removing any air bubbles.
Form a rectangle shape and start rolling. Tuck the ends under and it’s ready to raise again.
Place the loaf in bread pans and the cover with wrap. Let the dough raise until it’s double in size or formed the perfect size bread.
Brush with butter and milk on top sprinkle with black seeds.
Now its ready to bake.
Once the bread comes out of the oven spread butter on top!
- 2 cups all purpose flour/ maida
- 2 1/2 tsp active yeast/ instant dry yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tsp sugar
- 1/4 cup oil or butter
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 3tbsp milk powder
- 1 tbsp milk
- Kalonji or nigella seeds ( optional)
- 1 tbsp butter
- In a bowl add sugar, salt,yeast and lukewarm water. Let the yeast bubble up _ the higher the better!
- In a bowl add all purpose flour and milk powder.
- Make a well in the centre add the yeast into the well. Stir until it forms a shaggy dough.
- Knead the sticky dough by adding oil or butter for a couple of minutes until the dough expand and stretchable.
- Cover the dough. Make sure the dough is kept warm, in a room temperature area. I kept my dough on top of the fridge for a quick raise.
- Form a rectangle shape and start rolling.Tuck the ends under and it’s ready to raise again.
- In a small bowl add melted butter and milk brush them on top of the bread to get a nice golden brown colour. Sprinkle black seeds on top of bread.
- Place the loaf in bread pans and the cover with wrap. Let the dough raise until it’s double in size or formed the perfect size bread.
- Pre heat the oven for 180 degree Celsius for 10 minutes.
- Bake the bread for 20_ 25 minutes . Once the bread is out of the oven, spread butter on top. Let the bread cool for at least 10 minute before slicing and serving.
- For a quick dough raise, keep the dough in a warm place on top of the fridge.
- It took 15_ 20 minutes to form a soft dough.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF KALONJI/ BLACK SEEDS
- Kalonji has many health benefits like boost memory, prevent diabetes, good for heart health, controls blood pressure.
- Kalonji helps in weight loss, strengthens teeth and it’s a very good remedy for cold and cough.
Wooow di,👌….lukz same like store bought..Excellent ..
Thank you for lovely feedback bhabhi. It make me smile and build confidence in baking . Thanks a lot☺️
The bread looks wonderful 😀
Thank you for making me feel popular. Thanks a ton☺️
Looks as if brought from bakery.
Thanks for the compliment😊